Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving came and went here in Presidio, Texas. "Thankfully" everything has been real quiet and relaxing. I did loan a fellow musician from Chihuahua some sound equipment so that he could entertain diners at Las Palapas de Aldama, an incredible seafood restaurant here in town. Yesterday I also attended a quinceanera mass in Ojinaga and really enjoyed hearing the choir sing. There are at least two members of the choir who perform in Acuario 90, so the singing was inspiring. Then later we went to the quinceanera and heard Quinta Banda (5ta Banda), a tambora group from Chihuahua. They played well, although I can only take that type of music in smaller doses.

I have a personal blog I started a while back called My Presidio, Texas Dreamworld. It's sometimes my take on things Presidio, and at others, just some rambling thoughts.

No comments: